January 10th, 2012
Review of Refrigeration, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Qualifications
There is a review currently underway of Refrigeration, Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning qualifications that are on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. The purpose of the review is to ensure that qualifications continue to be useful, relevant and fit for purpose.
The review is being co-ordinated by Competenz, and includes stakeholders from the Institute of Refrigeration, Heating & Air Conditioning Engineers of New Zealand, Climate Control Companies Association, Manukau Institute of Technology, Southland Institute of Technology, Electrotechnology Industry Training Organisation, and Electrical Workers Registration Board.
The qualifications under review are:
• National Certificate in Split System Air Conditioning (Level 3), Competenz
• Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Level 3), Southern Institute of Technology
• MIT Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Level 3), Manukau Institute of Technology
• National Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Level 4), Competenz
• National Certificate in Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (Mechanical Services) (Level 4), Competenz
• MIT Diploma in Applied Engineering (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning) (Level 5), Manukau Institute of Technology
Draft Qualification documents will be available for feedback on the website soon.
If you have any questions about the review please contact Steve Brooks, Industry Manager, Competenz, email@example.com Phone (06) 353 1090, or (027) 281 9828.