Textile Machine Setter
What do they do?
Textile machine setters have advanced skills in technical textile machine setting and maintenance skills and are able to commission, decommission, modify and optimise machines.
Typically, an 8-hour day which can involve shift work. Tasks include setting up, calibrating, diagnosing and repairing textile manufacturing equipment and communicating technical information to operators.
Does this sound like you?
• Sciences or Workshop Techchnology
• Confident communicator
• Good at precision work
• Confident with IT, computers, technology
• Good at problem solving/creative
• Planning and organisation
• Analysing, researching or problem solving
• Making or fixing things
• Working with machinery
Preferred work environments
• Inside (workshop or plant)
How much could I earn?
1 - 2 years experience
$55k - $65k
5 years experience
$65k - $80k
|School||Advancing jobs||Senior jobs|
NCEA Level 2 Maths and English are useful
Practical subjects such as Textiles Technology or Workshop Skills are useful
Textile Machinery Engineer
Senior Carding Engineer
Senior Tufter Tuner
Senior Textiles Engineer
|Unit/Achievement standards in schools||Gateway programme||Traineeship||Higher learning|
What do we offer?
- We partner with industry associations like the Textile Care Federation and members of your industry to help build skilled employees. This support includes promoting careers in your industry, identifying potential learners, and encouraging work placements.
- We also ensure your industry’s qualifications continue to meet needs, support industry events like conferences and regularly celebrate your learners’ success.
- When apprentices enrol, we assign them a Competenz account manager. Our account managers understand the industry and the skills learners and businesses need.