What do they do?
Saw doctors align and maintain bandsaws and circular saws used in wood manufacturing operations, and calibrate saw benching machinery. They apply knowledge of the requirements for alignment of saw centres and grinding of bandwheels used in wood manufacturing operations.
Typically, 8-10 hour days. Weekend work may be required. Set and calibrate saw mill saw centres, monitor saw alignment, grind or sharpen saws and guards to specification.
Does this sound like you?
• Maths or Accounting or Economics
• Computing / ICT / Information Management
• Confident communicator
• Good literacy and numeracy
• Confidence with IT, computers, technology
• Good work habits/time
• Customer service or helping people
• Working with machinery
Preferred work environments
• Different places from time to time
How much could I earn?
$35k - $50k
|School||Entry level jobs||Advancing jobs||Senior jobs|
NCEA Level 2 is ideal
|Unit/Achievement standards in schools||Traineeship or Apprenticeship||Higher learning||Higher learning|
What do we offer?
- We partner with industry associations and members of your industry to help recruit and build talented employees. This support includes promoting careers in your industry, identifying potential learners, and encouraging work placements.
- We also ensure your industry’s qualifications continue to meet needs, support industry events like conferences and regularly celebrate your learners’ success.
- When apprentices enrol, we assign them a Competenz account manager. Our account managers understand the industry and the skills learners and businesses need.