Furniture Master Seal
Master Seal is focussed on quality through training – companies that have well trained staff are more likely to produce good quality furniture.
About the Furniture Master Seal
A Furniture Master Seal is awarded annually to furniture and bedding manufacturing companies that have at least 50% of their staff with a recognised trade or relevant NZQA qualification or are currently training.
To gain the Master Seal, applicants must agree to comply with the Furniture Master Seal Code of Practice. The Master Seal is focussed on quality through training – companies that have well trained staff are more likely to produce good quality furniture.
Thank you to our supporters:
Master Seal companies can be design conscious companies in high end markets through to production line, value brand producers – all who have qualified staff trained to national standards.
Master Seal companies can use the Master Seal logo as swing tags, flat pack stickers (primarily for export), company signage, letterhead, business cards – point of sale material to communicate their Master Seal status to their customers.
The Master Seal is owned and administered by Competenz – Seal holders must also be members of the Furniture and Cabinetmaking Association.
What it means to the consumer
We want to inform and educate the public about the advantages and benefits of buying furniture, including cabinetry and bedding, made in New Zealand by holders of a Furniture Master Seal.
When buying furniture with the Master Seal you can have confidence you’re buying furniture, made in New Zealand by formally trained industry people who are trained to NZQA standards. Companies with this Seal guarantee that their employees are trained to these standards.
The Master Seal is focussed on quality through training – companies that have well trained staff are more likely to produce good quality furniture.
Quality furniture making practices include:
- Furniture made with genuine leather
- Furniture with superior frame construction
- Furniture and cabinetry made with joints that will last
- Furniture made from sustainably milled timber
- Furniture and cabinetry made with adhesives and glues that will stand the test of time
- Furniture and cabinetry made from quality componentry
- Upholstery made from quality fabrics, properly tensioned webbing and springs
- Bedding made to an exacting industry standard and for customer comfort
How do I apply to become a Furniture Master Seal holder?
Competenz Forestry and Wood Manufacturing shall adopt the following procedures in relation to negative feedback where the feedback involves use of the Trade Mark by a Seal holder:
- Competenz Forestry and Wood Manufacturing will send the Seal holder a notice advising of the negative feedback and asking for the Seal holder’s response within 14 days
- The Seal holder will respond to Competenz Forestry and Wood Manufacturing within 14 days, attaching evidence to support it’s position
- Competenz Forestry and Wood Manufacturing will evaluate the Seal holder’s response to determine whether the negative feedback is valid or insufficiently addressed by the Seal holder
- Should the feedback be valid or the Seal holder is not complying with the terms and conditions contained in the Furniture Master Seal Code of Practice, Competenz Forestry and Wood Manufacturing may withdraw authorisation to use the Seal
If you have any feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Master Seal holders
- A.S. de Bruin Furniture
- Furniture Werks and Forma
- Issa Furniture
- Jade Upholstery
- Molloy Furniture
- Otago Furniture
- Royal Furniture
- Taylormade Furniture
- Turnwood NZ
- Finesse Finishers
- M F Turnbull
- Ultimate Finishers
- Cabinetry by West
- Marton Lee
- Sealy NZ
- Interno Cabinet Makers
- Design 2 Cam
- PPG Industries NZ Ltd
- Glimmer Finishes
- Furnique Ltd