Packing Machine Operator
What do they do?
Packaging machine operators use specialist machines to create attractive, protective paperboard packaging for things like food, beauty products, household appliances, beverages etc. They also check that packaging meets specifications
Typically, an 8 hour day. Packaging machine operators plan, set up and run machines to make ready, cut and crease substrates, glue and fold elements to meet specific quality standards.
Does this sound like you?
• Sciences or Workshop Technology
• Creative Arts (Visual / Textiles / Graphics / Performance Music)
• Computing / ICT / Information Management
• Good at precision work
• Good literacy and numeracy
• Confidence with IT, computers, technology
• Good initiative/‘can do’ attitude
• Analysing, researching or problem solving
• Making or fixing things
• Working with machinery
• Working with computers
Preferred work environments
• Inside (workshop or plant)
• One place every day
How much could I earn?
$37k - $42k
5 years experience
$62k - $93k
|School||Entry level jobs||Advancing jobs||Senior jobs|
No minimum entry requirement
Printing Production (Digital Processes, Screen, Sheet Fed, Reel Fed, Pad Printing, Binding and Finishing)
Forme Die Maker
Packaging Machine Operator
|Unit/Achievement standards in schools||Traineeship or Apprenticeship||Higher learning||Higher learning|
What do we offer?
- We partner with industry associations and members of your industry to help recruit and build talented employees. This support includes promoting careers in your industry, identifying potential learners, and encouraging work placements.
- We also ensure your industry’s qualifications continue to meet needs, support industry events like conferences and regularly celebrate your learners’ success.
- When apprentices enrol, we assign them a Competenz account manager. Our account managers understand the packaging industry and the skills learners and businesses need.